Showcasing our Volunteers
Franklin Hospice was started by volunteers and volunteers continue to be an integral part of our service delivery. We simply could not do all the things we do without them. The range of services our voliunteers are actively engaged in include:
- Working in our shop, Simply Giving at 27 King Street.
- Delivering, installing and collecting equipment.
- Providing short term respite for carers (where a volunteer will keep the patient company for a short period so the carer can have a break).
- Transporting patients to and from medical appointments.
- Vehicle care and servicing.
- Various 'handyman' jobs.
In fact, our wonderful volunteers can turn their hand to pretty much anything.